There is no command in VisualARQ to split a beam in different parts. However, there is a trick to achieve that using a simple Grasshopper definition with VisualARQ Grasshopper Components.
(You need to have Grasshopper and VisualARQ Grasshopper Components installed).
- Type "Grasshopper" in the command line to launch Grasshopper.
- Open the "Beam Split.gh" definition from Grasshopper.
- Right-click on the Beam Param component to assign the VisualARQ beam to the model you want to split.
- Define the number of parts you want to split the beam in.
- Bake the Beam component. To do it, right-click on the Beam component and select the "Bake" option. This operation will turn the beam preview into workable beams in VisualARQ.
- In Rhino, delete the original beam.
The definition simply obtains the path curve of the selected beam, breaks it into different segments, and creates new beams with the resulting segments.
The same definition can be used for VisualARQ walls, curtain walls and railings, replacing the Beam components by the corresponding object type components.