Rhino for Architecture Workshop using VisualARQ
14-16 May, 2018
McNeel Europe – Roger de Flor, 32-34 08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel Europe is pleased to welcome Francesc Salla, product manager of VisualARQ at Asuni CAD, to tutor a 3-day BIM oriented Rhino Workshop for Architects, Engineers and Designers at our Barcelona offices. VisualARQ adds flexible BIM features to Rhino.
The workshop aims at learning Rhino, VisualARQ and Grasshopper as a Flexible BIM solution for developing and carrying out a project of architecture from the 3D model to the 2D documentation.
The workshop will help you to improve your architectural modeling skills and parametric design workflow inside Rhino and Grasshopper.
You will be trained in the following sectors:
Konstru and VisualArq have teamed up to make it easier for you to upload, download, and translate models between VisualARQ and Konstru. Seamlessly work with with Revit, SAP2000, ETABS, RAM Structural System, Tekla Structures, Dynamo or Excel by running our Grasshopper Scripts for Konstru.
Upload a VisualARQ Model to Konstru:
The process is simple. You have a model in Rhino made of VisualARQ walls, slabs, columns and beams. Just need to:
- Log in or sign up in Konstru and create a new model.
- Open the “Upload VA to Konstru” file in Grasshopper that you can find in this link.
- Click on the Select Model button to select the project in Konstru where you want to send the model.
- Put the Enable button to True in the definition everytime you need to send all VisualARQ objects to Konstru.
Konstru will identify each element by its type, as well as its information, and get the full model ready to be sent to other programs.
Watch the process in this video.
Download a Model from Konstru to VisualARQ:
In this case, you can import a model previously uploaded to your Konstru account into Rhino.
- Open the “Download Konstru to VA” file in Grasshopper that you can find in this link.
- Click on the Select Model button to select the project in Konstru that you want to import into Rhino.
- Bake the geometry whenever you want to see it as workable VisualARQ objects in Rhino.
Watch the process in this video.
VisualARQ provides IFC features that help architects, engineers, and professionals of the AEC industry to exchange 3D models between Rhino and other BIM programs.
The IFC guide from Rhino to Revit is aimed at helping users to export and import models between Rhino and Revit using the IFC file format. The guide provides useful information for the following topics:
- How does the import & export through IFC work?
- What information can be stored in IFC files generated with VisualARQ?
- How are VisualARQ and Rhino objects recognized in Revit?
- Solutions for common problems in this process.
The guide also adds tips of how to tag any Rhino geometry with specific IFC type or how to add custom parameters to geometry for IFC files.
See the IFC guide from Rhino to Revit.
BIM World 2018
Espace Grande Arche – Paris Defense
28-29 March 2018. 9h-18h
Rhinoforyou will be exhibiting for fourth consecutive year at BIM World 2018 in Paris, from March 28 to March 29 (stand 563, near to the conference room).
Rhinoforyou will be presenting the BIM software solution RhinoArchitecture, an innovative and economically affordable solution that integrates consistently Rhinoceros, Grasshopper and VisualARQ.
During this event, the Rhinoforyou experts, in collaboration with Francesc Salla, VisualARQ’s product manager, will be available for live demonstrations of Rhino, Grasshopper and VisualARQ
You will get to know RhinoArchitecture, the flexible and affordable BIM solution for all sizes of business!
Details and registration…