MIAU X (Infographics for Architecture at Polytechnic University of Madrid) is the new edition of the specialization course in infographics and multimedia project design at ETSAM, Technical School of Architecture in Madrid. In this edition we keep the same line-up of academic subjects and we release 24 Research Lines to focus students production on cutting-edge topics at the intersection of technology and design.
MIAU is an official Instrumental Specialization Course for ideation and creative experimentation in architecture from its generation to its representation: Project Generation + Computer Graphics + New Technologies + Production Lab.
Rhino, Grasshopper and VisualARQ will be used during the course progress.
More information and inscription details... (in Spanish)
VisualARQ 2.0 release is coming soon. Here you will find some useful information about this new version.
Free upgrade to VisualARQ 2.0
The upgrade to VisualARQ 2.0 will be free for VisualARQ 1 current users and for users who will buy VisualARQ 1 before the 2.0 release.
Price will rise
The price for VisualARQ 2.0 commercial license will rise. The new price will be announced in the next weeks.
There is no exact date yet, but the final release is expected in a few months.
What's new in VisualARQ 2.0?
The list below shows some of the VisualARQ 2.0 new features.
- Grasshopper Styles: create new VisualARQ object styles from Grasshopper definitions. Video
- 2D Vector Drawings: Just print the 3D model in Perspective, Section and Plan views for a real time 2D vector output.
- Custom Parameters: Create new parameters and add information to Rhino and VisualARQ objects so you can generate quantity takeoffs.
- Section Manager: Manage the sections in your model as you manage levels with the Level Manager.
- Add + Subtract solids: Do Boolean unions and differences between Rhino solids and any VisualARQ object without losing their parametric properties. Video.
In this page you will find more information about this new version and the list of new features.
Watch the recorded webinar VisualARQ 2.0. Flexible BIM for Rhino, to see some of these new features.
The new Mexico City Airport by Foster and Partners
- Date: Wednesday 23rd November 2016
- Time: 18:30 - 20:30
- Location: Foster & Partners, Riverside, 22 Hester Road, London, SW11 4AN (Directions)
Foster & Partners will host this Grasshopper UK meeting next Wednesday 23th November 2016. The Applied Research + Development group at Foster + Partners will showcase how Grasshopper and computational methods have been used in the development of The new Mexico City Airport project.
Besides other presentations, Francesc Salla, from Asuni, will show the different Grasshopper tools for VisualARQ, including VisualARQ Grasshopper Components and how to generate VisualARQ objects from Grasshopper definitions, a new feature of the upcoming VisualARQ 2.0 version.
How to join the meeting:
The Grasshopper UK User Group Meeting is free to attend but you MUST register via this form.
Email confirmation will follow by 16th November, as space is limited.
November 3-5, 2016
IE School of Architecture and Design
C/ Serrano 105 - Madrid (Spain)
Algomad computational BIM workshops and conference will take place in Madrid (IE School of Architecture and Design) from November 3 to 5.
Algomad 2016 focuses on demonstrating how compuational BIM has become an oportunity to enhance the way architects, engineers and construction sector professionals are bridging the most advanced tecniques in digital design and construction reality.
The workshop "Envolventes" ("Envelopes") will count on the participation of Luis Fraguada and Francesc Salla, from the VisualARQ development team, who will teach the use and creation of BIM objects from Grasshopper through the VisualARQ Grasshopper Components.
Details (in Spanish)
Asuni is pleased to announce the Beta Release of Lands Design for Rhino 3d. The Beta release of Lands marks a milestone for the development of the software, implementing countless user suggestions gathered from the Work In Progress phase of development. Lands is now ready for your feedback! Download the latest release and let us know what you think.
Here are some of the features:
Intuitively create landscape designs in 3D and 2D
- Design with 3D plant species, civil work elements, terrains and freeform modeling tools
- Produce 2D documentation: setting out plans, plant schedules, watering systems, and zoning areas.
- Use the powerful terrain modeling tools. Import GIS data in your model.
Extensive plant database with over 1800 species!
- Full plant database with technical specifications and detailed characteristic.
- Arrange trees, shrubs, and ground covers individually, in rows or in forests.
- Customize and edit each vegetation species in 2D and in 3D.
Create stunning renders and virtual tours
- Just insert plants and render! All Lands plant species have their own specific textures.
- Create virtual tours with the walk mode and the animation tools.