Level 2 Rhino for Architecture – Online Course
- Dates: February 5-7 and February 12-14, 2019 (9.00 am-1.00 am PST)
- Price: US$260.00
- Register here!
This intensive, six-session online course will focus on architectural workflows using Rhinoceros. It will introduce the best practices to maximize productivity and use the rich set of functionality supported by Rhino. It will cover various scenarios for concept modeling, detailed design, and visualization.
Each live session will run from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PST (Pacific Standard Time).
Ask questions and interact with the class and instructors in our live, online training. The live sessions will be recorded and posted to a private classroom album. Attendees may stream the material for up to three months following the class.
Notes (what you need for the class):
- Rhino 6 for Windows software installed. The instructor will be using this version.
- Plugins: Flamingo nXt, VisualARQ, and LANDS (WIP).
- Rhino 5 for Windows or Mac is not acceptable software for this class.
- A stable and fast Internet connection.
- A headset/microphone combo.
See full course details here…
Questions? Contact Doaa Alsharif
There is a new section in food4Rhino for uploading and downloading new VisualARQ object styles.
You can see in this tutorial how to upload and download them.
Most of these objects are Grasshopper styles (object styles created from Grasshopper definitions) so they are fully parametric. No Grasshopper knowledge is required to use these objects though.
We encourage you to share your object styles with other users!
Do you miss any particular object style?
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can make it for you!
AEC Tech 2018: Interpolations
- Dates: Thursday, October-25- Sunday, October-28, 2018
- Location: Baruch College (Lexington Avenue, 55, New York, 10010 United States)
The sixth edition of the renowned AEC Tech symposium event is just next door and we at VisualARQ didn’t want to miss it. Francesc Salla (VisualARQ’s product manager), Luis Fraguada (McNeel Europe) and Kike Garcia (VisualARQ developer) will attend the event to know the last news in technology and design.
AEC Tech 2018 is the sixth annual event and a four-day experience for professionals in the AEC industry and more! The current edition has as the theme the “Interpolations”, focusing on the injection of innovative processes, technologies, and workflows that are rerouting the way the industry works, designs, and thinks.
Workshops and masterclasses are held all day on Thursday, October 25th from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm at Baruch College. Workshops are taught by WeWork, Robert McNeel & Associates, Ladybug, CORE studio, Proving Ground, and Konstru!
The Symposium will take place on Friday, October 26th at 9:00 am in the Engleman Hall at Baruch College, featuring a full day of presentations and discussions from highly-acclaimed professionals within and adjacent to the industry.
The Hackathon will last 26-hours from Saturday, October 27th to Sunday, October 28th at the Thornton Tomasetti midtown office. AEC Tech’s Hackathon is an event for all levels of programmers, developers, engineers and others, additionally, it is aimed for attendees to collaborate, network, build new relationships, and generate new ideas and processes for the AEC community.
More information and registration details.
Interview to architect Michele Calvano.
Study of the roof for the extension of Venice Airport. Project in collaboration with ArFacade
His name is Michele Calvano, an Italian architect specialized in Reverse engineering of 3D models for design purposes. He has been chosen to open our new section of interviews with professionals that are using VisualARQ as a regular tool for their work.
His long academic and professional career – he is an architect and researcher – has brought him to innovate and search for new solutions that meet the current market requirements. And then he discovered VisualARQ.
How does he deal with new challenges? What does he expect from the future of architecture? What technical advances are envisioned?
Keep on reading to know Calvanos’ perspective.
VisualARQ 2.3 is now available for download.
This new service release includes some new features and fixes most of the issues reported by users:
- New components in Grasshopper to create sections
- New components “Building” and “Level” to reference buildings and levels
- New component that provides the levels where an object is located.
- Styles and Block definitions can be referenced using strings.
- New “Get Property Names” component that provides the list of an object property names.
See the complete list in What’s new.
This is a free service release for all VisualARQ users and works on Rhino 5 and Rhino 6.
- If you are a VisualARQ user, download VisualARQ 2.3
- If you are an Evaluation user, download the new Evaluation version to test the new features.
The Schneider Group (www.schneider-facades.co.uk) is an internationally active family-run company based in Stimpfach.
Together with our seven subsidiary companies, we set new standards in terms of quality for
challenging architectual Facades with high performance requirements in building physics.
We distinguish ourselves with high standard engineering performances and technically sophisticated design.
We are seeking for our company locations in Stimpfach and Radeburg several
Rhino-Professionals with a building industry background (f/m).
- Execute varied and demanding national and international projects.
- Execute from release planning up to Working drawings.
- Execute tasks from 2D to 3D with BIM relation in 3D (Rhino / VisualARQ).
- Close collaboration with project manager.
- Successfully completed technical training, or successful architectural or engineering studies.
- Exellent spatial sense.
- Safe and routine handling of Rhinoceros / Grasshopper / Inventor and AutoCAD is much appreciated.
- Very good command of English (speak and write) German language knowledge is not required.
- Strong communication and team player skills.
- Interesting and multifaceted work in an interdisciplinary Team.
- A good working climate and the collegial relationship among our employees.
- An open-ended contract and commensurate payment.
- Personal development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to receiving your application (preferably by e-mail):
- Gebrüder Schneider Fensterfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
- Rechenberger Straße 7 – 9, 74597 Stimpfach, Germany.
- Telefon: 07967 151-243, Fax: 07967 151-229