AEC Tech 2018: Interpolations
- Dates: Thursday, October-25- Sunday, October-28, 2018
- Location: Baruch College (Lexington Avenue, 55, New York, 10010 United States)
The sixth edition of the renowned AEC Tech symposium event is just next door and we at VisualARQ didn’t want to miss it. Francesc Salla (VisualARQ’s product manager), Luis Fraguada (McNeel Europe) and Kike Garcia (VisualARQ developer) will attend the event to know the last news in technology and design.
AEC Tech 2018 is the sixth annual event and a four-day experience for professionals in the AEC industry and more! The current edition has as the theme the “Interpolations”, focusing on the injection of innovative processes, technologies, and workflows that are rerouting the way the industry works, designs, and thinks.
Workshops and masterclasses are held all day on Thursday, October 25th from 9:00 am – 6:00 pm at Baruch College. Workshops are taught by WeWork, Robert McNeel & Associates, Ladybug, CORE studio, Proving Ground, and Konstru!
The Symposium will take place on Friday, October 26th at 9:00 am in the Engleman Hall at Baruch College, featuring a full day of presentations and discussions from highly-acclaimed professionals within and adjacent to the industry.
The Hackathon will last 26-hours from Saturday, October 27th to Sunday, October 28th at the Thornton Tomasetti midtown office. AEC Tech’s Hackathon is an event for all levels of programmers, developers, engineers and others, additionally, it is aimed for attendees to collaborate, network, build new relationships, and generate new ideas and processes for the AEC community.
More information and registration details.
Interview to architect Michele Calvano.
Study of the roof for the extension of Venice Airport. Project in collaboration with ArFacade
His name is Michele Calvano, an Italian architect specialized in Reverse engineering of 3D models for design purposes. He has been chosen to open our new section of interviews with professionals that are using VisualARQ as a regular tool for their work.
His long academic and professional career – he is an architect and researcher – has brought him to innovate and search for new solutions that meet the current market requirements. And then he discovered VisualARQ.
How does he deal with new challenges? What does he expect from the future of architecture? What technical advances are envisioned?
Keep on reading to know Calvanos’ perspective.
VisualARQ 2.3 is now available for download.
This new service release includes some new features and fixes most of the issues reported by users:
- New components in Grasshopper to create sections
- New components “Building” and “Level” to reference buildings and levels
- New component that provides the levels where an object is located.
- Styles and Block definitions can be referenced using strings.
- New “Get Property Names” component that provides the list of an object property names.
See the complete list in What’s new.
This is a free service release for all VisualARQ users and works on Rhino 5 and Rhino 6.
- If you are a VisualARQ user, download VisualARQ 2.3
- If you are an Evaluation user, download the new Evaluation version to test the new features.
The Schneider Group (www.schneider-facades.co.uk) is an internationally active family-run company based in Stimpfach.
Together with our seven subsidiary companies, we set new standards in terms of quality for
challenging architectual Facades with high performance requirements in building physics.
We distinguish ourselves with high standard engineering performances and technically sophisticated design.
We are seeking for our company locations in Stimpfach and Radeburg several
Rhino-Professionals with a building industry background (f/m).
- Execute varied and demanding national and international projects.
- Execute from release planning up to Working drawings.
- Execute tasks from 2D to 3D with BIM relation in 3D (Rhino / VisualARQ).
- Close collaboration with project manager.
- Successfully completed technical training, or successful architectural or engineering studies.
- Exellent spatial sense.
- Safe and routine handling of Rhinoceros / Grasshopper / Inventor and AutoCAD is much appreciated.
- Very good command of English (speak and write) German language knowledge is not required.
- Strong communication and team player skills.
- Interesting and multifaceted work in an interdisciplinary Team.
- A good working climate and the collegial relationship among our employees.
- An open-ended contract and commensurate payment.
- Personal development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Then we look forward to receiving your application (preferably by e-mail):
- Gebrüder Schneider Fensterfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
- Rechenberger Straße 7 – 9, 74597 Stimpfach, Germany.
- Telefon: 07967 151-243, Fax: 07967 151-229
This new update 2.1 works on Rhino 5 and Rhino 6 and it is free for existing VisualARQ users.
Download VisualARQ 2.1 update.
Download VisualARQ 2.1 evaluation version
Promotional launch offer:
- Commercial License
795 US$/€ – 600 US$/€ (Until May 15th 2018)
- Educational license: 95US$/€ (No change)
- LAB license
795 US$/€ – 600 US$/€ (Until May 15th 2018)
What’s new in VisualARQ 2?
VisualARQ 2 improves upon many of the features of VisualARQ 1 and adds a lot of new functionality requested and inspired by our users.
New features for VisualARQ 2
New features for Rhino 6
The Rhino China Tech Support Center recently launched a series of online courses, an introductory course on BIM solutions on the Rhino planform for all architectural users. This course will comprehensively introduce the use and custom methods of the standard components of VisualARQ, systematically introduce the workflow of VisualARQ, and easily realize the model information methods and techniques in Rhino.
About: VisualARQ is a professional model information solution for the Rhino, providing modular, parametrized, standard building component libraries. Quickly create the wall, door, windows, staircase, floor, steel structure and other building components with the characteristics of parameters, can automatically complete the production of plane, elevation, section and can automatically mark the size of the model in the Rhino platform.
- Software: VisualARQ 2.0, Rhino 5 and Grasshopper
- Dates: starting on March 24, 2018, the course will be held every two weeks
- Trainer: Jessesn, Rhino tech support of McNeel Asia
Learn more about this course
Sign up for the course now…